Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 24 October 2013

Balancing Between Work And Life

Hia Friends
How are you guys doing?Hope everybody is in the pink of their health.For many days this subject was hanging in my mind for blogging.I think i am getting better everyday for bringing life in balance between extreme pressure of work and personal demands. :)


Ok let me first tell you about my work background.I am an Aircraft Engineer which requires long stressful hour of physical work(though i thoroughly enjoy that).I start for work at 7:30 am and reach back to home at 6 pm in minimum load condition.Else it can be between  8 pm to 10:30 pm while returning.Balancing Work,Workout,Homework and Time for yourself.All essentials but i was juggling through all of them for past 1.5 yrs and now i am feeling at least few of my trial-error method are working :).So if you are also having such issues, here i am sharing my experiences.

1.Getting up little early and doing Yoga-

Trust me people it is great way to start your day.Not necessarily you have to do for an hour or more.It's hard time getting anything done in that rush hour. Try to get up little early than usual and do some kapalbhanti,then any no. of Surya Namaskar possible.Or if you enjoy Jogging,little brisk walk will work.

2.Skipping breakfast-


Well i am not backing any philosophy like "Eating breakfast King size" but i have personally noticed skipping breakfast is a bad idea. Because it results in slowing metabolism down and you feel less energetic as time passes.But our actual constrain in about time.My idea is get a glass of fruit juice or eat 2 banana or an apple or quick corn-milk.These do not require too much time and you will remain energetic at work.

3.Not having time for Reading-


Well i have suffered from this issue for very long time.Work and rest other so called important things took priority and i found having no time at all for reading.I almost forgotten that i used to enjoy reading so much(no fiction) until i was reminded by husband few months back.I was trying hard to get back but could not.Reading book at your work place gives wrong impression to peers.My nature of job requires being on foot all the time.So what i did was involved technology at work.Having smartphone now i read forums, quora, blogspot, news etc every time i have any minute spared, let it be waiting for spare parts,waiting for some tools or when rest of team is involved in gossip.I am not saying that's all but it filled the gap to good extent.

4.Not having time to Talk to Old friends-family


Again this is my long fought battle.If anyone calls me after work i used to get annoyed badly because i kept struggling with my household work.Now what i do i use Bluetooth on my ear for making or taking all such necessary call while cutting vegetables or while making chapatis.This way you can really make peace of mind and give time to your near and dear ones too.

5.Stressful Household Work-

Well i have seen good number of people in my life those enjoy it(i.e. my mother,few of my friends etc.).They work with such a peace and rhythm i really wondered HOW?I am sure you guys have also seen many in your close circle.The lesson i have learnt from them is "Change Your Attitude".Don't think you are back from long hours of work and again you have to struggle with things remaining at home.If you like music,play your favorite playlist and slowly start your work in kitchen.It has brought big change in my life and reinforced my belief that little improvement and positive change in approach can do wonder.

Well i have hundred more small things i can write down in this subject but i think it's enough for now.Trust me no matter how bad is situation or time, you can still do something to change it or to change yourself to do and be better.

Have best of your Time,health and Wellness.
Do drop your comments,questions and suggestions.
Happy Blogging
With Love
Mini

P.S. -I am a technology repellent animal.Want to live with least possible of them and also argue that in long term they are spoiling our lives.There intrusion in my life is mostly through my utility oriented technology geek husband. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment