Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

My diary-Winter



Hello reader

It was 5:30am today when i opened my eyes and suddenly run towards my bedroom window and in awe said "hey see, dense fog outside".I maintained my awe and kept watching outside.In moments my mind rolled back to the old memories of winter.

Winter-this word itself gives me mild shiver.My earliest memory with winter is when i was around 12 year old, used to spend winter vacation in my village.My village has a different landscape and geography than my boarding school.In winter when some servants working in our field and my mother used to wake me up saying "Ranu-please take tea to the people working there" and me scrubbing my eyes,half sleep-half wake,holding hand of my little sister walking through fog making our way to the land.After reaching  field we used to enjoy that sip of tea more than anybody there,we play,run and dance there.I feel like spending time in heaven(that's how i imagine heaven of my Dadi's bed time stories).This is my oldest memory of enjoying winter.

Though winter has individual chapter of every year in my diary.But most belongs to the same place i.e. my boarding school.I was growing ,my perspective widening and i was seeing everything around me more observantly.I remember going for running through fog in very early morning(that was not out of interest but compulsory part of my seven year life in boarding school to defent myself from getting punishment of being lazy but that turned me to a half marathon runner today ;) ).Whenever i was unable to see the target distance,i got inspired to enjoy the run,the journey and to not worry about the destination.I remember playing handball in that killing chilly windy morning.Every time that ball hits my hand,make my heart cry but passion for sport was so high i never stopped playing(no matter how many times i  broke my ankle,elbow,legs etc thankfully I saved my face ;) ).I remember when i used to open my mouth for fun and enjoy seeing steam coming out from it.I remember going for morning tea just to get glimpse of the person who makes my heartbeat increasing to alarming level..(well that was the only time in 24hours i could see him and i can mention it so openly because he is my husband now ;) ).And many more stories but plot was same-my boarding school.

Then comes my college time when i used to spend  winter of Bhopal staying most of the time on terrace,being love bird spending whole night talking on phone.Seeing fog getting dense with night and getting thinner with arrival of sun was in my daily routine.Having semester exam preparation tension on my head in january,but feeling of enjoying winter always won the battle.So no matter if i am spending my evening watching sunset near Bhopal's big lake or sipping tea for whole night at the name of exam fever i have relished both equally.

Life has changed from being carefree teenager to a responsible career oriented professional but i defended my basic identity.So once again i am back to my world after been deprived from enjoying winter(as i have stayed in a tropical country for past 3 years where season never changes) .Again i am standing at the threshold of my favourite season.Now i enjoy it while driving to my office in the morning seeing mesmerising beautiful dew lying on the shrubs and grass on both side of airport road,playing hide and seek with ATC tower,watching aircrafts suddenly coming in front and immediately disappearing in fog.Similarly at the evening when i drive back from work to home,Sun remains right in front of my heading,with its blooming red flare looking more prettier than before.Same tress on both side of the road now throwing gentle wind over me.The mildness and fragrance in air intoxicates me in sync with melorious music and i feel like being in heaven as i did as a child playing in my field.

With all my happiness,i say to all my reader enjoy winter.Don't complain about too much work load or not able to catch up with your daily chores.Life is all about living this journey in your way.Probably gearing up and taking a walk in dense fog in the morning or watching sunset with sip of tea in evening at home while talking to the sweetest person exist in this planet will take all your stress and life will be ever beautiful.Wish you happy winter......

7 comments:

  1. Nice post Padmini. Winter is an exciting season.

    http://rajniranjandas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting ranu.. exactly same climate in here also in yesterday...i love winter too..warm bed..hot cup of tea enjoyed with hot pakodas with someone special...is make your winter more memorable....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i am also enjoying with hot coffee and pakodas,hope to be better in making them ;)

      Delete
  3. that’s very wintry…. probing me to Look back to the breezy, freezing hazy days…
    by the way, I didn’t enjoy much of it when the temperature goes below 7 degrees….rrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even i dont enjoy it below that temperature,but i am lucky to be in india where temperature is mostly above that harsh level particularly winter is very mild and lovely in this month :)

      Delete
  4. that’s very wintry…. probing me to Look back to the breezy, freezing hazy days…
    by the way, I didn’t enjoy much of it when the temperature goes below 7 degrees….rrrrr

    ReplyDelete